The 2016 Sundridge Sunflower Festival begins on Friday August 5th, with the Royal Canadian Legion WING NIGHT Dinner and will wrap up with the Friday Night FREE movie at the SSJ Arena.
The real fun began on Saturday August 6th with the Sundridge/Strong Volunteer Firefighter’s pancake breakfast at the SSJ Arena along with the Strong Agricultural Society Yard Sale outside of the arena.
Take the courtesy shuttle from the Arena to Sundridge’s Main Street where the opening ceremony begin at 9:30 AM. The street will be closed to accommodate for the Main Street Street Market which will be in full swing. With over 100+ vendors, you will be able to find just about anything from jewelry to lawn tractors. Acoustic Live Music will be playing on the Main St and Rusty the Clown will be walking the street with balloon animals for children and the young at heart.
Down at the Waterfront (Lion’s Park) there will be organized children’s games, a cardboard boat race, stand up paddling boarding, live music and new for 2016 a Water Cross demo by the Ontario Water Cross Association! The Lion’s Club will be having their annual BBQ at the park and be sure to check out the new Splash Pad while you are there.
Don’t forget about the Saturday Night Street Dance starting at 8:00 PM and hosted by DJ2. Here’s your chance to dance into the streets with great music and great people.
- 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm - Royal Canadian Legion WING NIGHT at the Sundridge Legion (45 Ontario St - hwy 124, Sundridge, ON)
- 7:00 pm - Friday Night Movie at SSJ Arena | Movie to be announced
- 7:30 am to 11:00 am - Sundridge-Strong Volunteer Firefighters Pancake Breakfast at the SSJ Arena
- 8:00 am - Strong Agricultural Society Yard Sale outside the SSJ Arena
- 9:00 am to 12:00 pm - COPA for Kids Airplane rides at the Almaguin Highland Airpark (pre-registration required - click here for more information)
- 9:30 am - Open Ceremony at the Main Street Stage
- 9:30 am to 4:00 pm - Main Street Market , over 100 vendors fill Main Street from Paget to the Sundridge Community Centre with even more vendors set up in the Lion's Park.
- Live Musical Entertainment will be playing at the Lion's Park Gazebo throughout the day and some musical entertainment will be on the Main Street.
- 9:30 - Patty Crozier (Main Street)
- 10:30 - Pearl Penel (Main Street)
- 11:00 - Grooove (Lion's Park Gazebo)
- 12:00 - Swamp Donkeys (Lion's Park Gazebo)
- 2:00 - Stone House (Lion's Park Gazebo)
- 3:00 - Barbwire (Lion's Park Gazebo)
- 10:00 am to 4:00 pm - Magician: Lukas Stark
- 10:00 am to 12:00 pm - Swift Canoe Paddle-board Lessons/Interactive Demo (Lion's Park)
- 10:00 am to 4:00 pm - Almaguin Highlands Arts Council - Fence Weaving (Lion's Park)
- 10:00 am to 12:00 pm - Children Activities at the Waterfront (Lion's Park)
- 11:00 am to 1:00 pm - Rusty the Clown
- 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm - Lions BBQ at the Waterfront (Lion's Park)
- 12:00 pm - Card Board Boat Race (This year build your own boat at the festival with materials provided at the Lion's Park Waterfront)
- 1:00 pm - Water Cross Demo by the Ontario Water Cross Association (Lion's Park)
- 4:00 pm t0 7:00 pm - Masonic Lodge Fish Fry - Royal Canadian Legion
- 8:00 pm - Street Dance on Main Street with DJ2