The Sundridge Sunflower Festival is organized every year by a committee of dedicated volunteers. This committee works year round to make the festival better, year after year and the 2019 Sundridge Sunflower Festival is no different.
We are proud to announce the 2019 Sunflower Festival will have 8 live music performances on two different stages, plus the Family Fun Zone (sponsored by Pascoe Rental and Events) will feature FREE inflatable rides, Reptiles Demonstrations, Magician: Lukas Stark and Rusty the Clown. Throw in our annual Mutt Show for children and adults and we have the most entertainment the Sunflower Festival has ever had.
The fun began on Saturday August 10th with the Sundridge-Strong Volunteer Firefighter’s pancake breakfast at the Sundridge-Strong-Joly Arena. Come out and support the local Firefighter’s association and have great breakfast while you are at it.
Take the courtesy shuttle from the Arena to Sundridge’s Main Street where the opening ceremony begin at 9:30 AM. The street will be closed to accommodate for the Main Street Street Market which will be in full swing. With over 150+ vendors from all over Ontario. You will be able to find just about anything from jewelry to lawn tractors. Acoustic Live Music will be playing on the Main St will fill the streets as you shop and walk down Main street.
Down at the Waterfront (Lion’s Park) is where the Family Zone will be with Live music, great food, children’s activities/games, inflatable rides, live reptile demonstration, Rusty the Clown and Lukas Stark magician. The Sundridge Lion’s Club will also be having their annual BBQ at the park and be sure to check out the Splash Pad while you are there.
At 1:00 PM make your way to the Sundridge Municipal building parking lot for the Mutt Show (dog show). The children’s show starts at 1:00 PM, followed by the the adults show at 2:00 PM. There will be all sorts of prizes.
Don’t forget about the Saturday Night Street Dance starting at 8:00 PM and hosted by DJ2. Here’s your chance to dance into the streets with great music and great people.
SATURDAY AUGUST 10th EVENTS
- 7:30 am to 11:00 am – Sundridge-Strong Volunteer Firefighters Pancake Breakfast at the SSJ Arena
- 9:00 am to 12:00 pm – COPA for Kids Airplane rides at the Almaguin Highland Airpark (pre-registration required – click here for more information)
- 9:30 am – Open Ceremony at the Main Street Stage
- 9:30 am to 4:00 pm – Main Street Market with vendors from all over Ontario Main Street
- Live Musical Entertainment Featuring
- Main Street Stage
- 10:00 am – James VanMeer
- 11:00 am – Chris Vega
- 12:00 pm – North Bay Ukulele Group
- 1:00 pm – Sean Cotton
- Lion’s Park Gazebo
- 11:30 am – Swamp Donkees
- 12:30 pm – Ramblin’ Fever
- 1:30 pm – Stonehouse
- 2:30 pm – Barbwire
- Main Street Stage
- FREE Family Fun Zone (Lion’s Park – Waterfront)
- 9:00 am to 4:00 pm – Inflatable Rides sponsored by Pascoe Rentals & Events
- 9:00 am to 4:00 pm – Reptiles Demonstrations by Reptile Camp
- 10:00 am to 4:00 pm – Magician: Lukas Stark
- 11:00 am to 2:00 pm – Rusty the Clown
- Mutt Show (Dog Show) sponsored by Acme Pet Supplies
- 1:00 pm – Children’s Dog Show
- 2:00 pm – Adult’s Dog Show
- 8:00 pm – 11:00 pm – Street Dance on Main Street with DJ2