The 2017 Sundridge Sunflower Festival begins on Friday August 11th, with the Royal Canadian Legion WING NIGHT Dinner.
The real fun began on Saturday August 12th with the Sundridge-Strong Volunteer Firefighter’s pancake breakfast at the SSJ Arena. Come out and support the local Firefighter's association and have great breakfast while you are at it.
Take the courtesy shuttle from the Arena to Sundridge’s Main Street where the opening ceremony begin at 9:30 AM. The street will be closed to accommodate for the Main Street Street Market which will be in full swing. With over 140+ vendors, you will be able to find just about anything from jewelry to lawn tractors. Acoustic Live Music will be playing on the Main St and Rusty the Clown will be walking the street with balloon animals for children and the young at heart. We will also be welcoming Lukas Stark (Magician) again for 2017!
Down at the Waterfront (Lion’s Park) there will be organized children’s games, stand up paddling boarding, and live music! The Lion’s Club will be having their annual BBQ at the park and be sure to check out the new Splash Pad while you are there.
At 1:00 PM make your way to the Sundridge Municipal building parking lot for the Mutt Show (dog show). The children's show starts at 1:00 PM, followed by the the adults show at 2:00 PM. There will be all sorts of prizes.
Don’t forget about the Saturday Night Street Dance starting at 8:00 PM and hosted by DJ2. Here’s your chance to dance into the streets with great music and great people.
- 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm - Royal Canadian Legion WING NIGHT at the Sundridge Legion (45 Ontario St - hwy 124, Sundridge, ON)
- 7:30 am to 11:00 am - Sundridge-Strong Volunteer Firefighters Pancake Breakfast at the SSJ Arena
- 9:00 am to 12:00 pm - COPA for Kids Airplane rides at the Almaguin Highland Airpark (pre-registration required - click here for more information)
- 9:30 am - Open Ceremony at the Main Street Stage
- 9:30 am to 4:00 pm - Main Street Market , over 140 vendors fill Main Street from Paget to the Sundridge Community Centre with even more vendors set up in the Lion's Park.
- Live Musical Entertainment will be playing at the Lion's Park Gazebo throughout the day and some musical entertainment will be on the Main Street.
- 10:00 AM - Ken Crozier & Dee (Main Street Stage)
- 11:00 AM - Stone House (Waterfront Lion's Park)
- 11:30 AM - James VanMeer (Main Street Stage)
- 12:00 PM - Swamp Donkeys (Waterfront Lion's Park)
- 12:30 PM - Local Ukulele group (Main Street Stage)
- 1:00 PM - Grooove (Waterfront Lion's Park)
- 1:30 PM - Pearl Pennel (Main Street Stage)
- 2:00 PM - Barbwire (Waterfront Lion's Park)
- 10:00 am to 4:00 pm - Magician: Lukas Stark
- 10:00 am to 12:00 pm - Swift Canoe Paddle-board Lessons/Interactive Demo (Lion's Park)
- 10:00 am to 12:00 pm - Children Activities at the Waterfront (Lion's Park)
- 10:00 am to 12:00 pm - Rusty the Clown
- 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm - Lions BBQ at the Waterfront (Lion's Park)
- 1:00 pm - Mutt Show (Dog Show) - Children's Show
- 2:00 pm - Mutt Show (Dog Show) - Adults' Show
- 8:00 pm - Street Dance on Main Street with DJ2